Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Smile for the camera

I've come to believe that photography is more difficult that in appears. Not because the act of taking a picture is hard but finding a subject is. Photographing people is especially tricky because in my experience, as soon as somebody sees a camera (especially a big ass SLR), they respond in one of two ways. Either they will cringe and protest you taking their picture or they will get up in your face and insist that you capture of them cheesin. For somebody who loves photography, its odd how anxious I get when I think about the attention it attracts. I guess I spent too much time wandering around the halls of my highschool, enduring harassment from strangers that wanted me to document their lives.

Looks like I'll be sticking to the still life scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment