Friday, July 27, 2012

Nobody likes you when you're 23

I know, I know....way over played.  But I HAD TO DO IT!  Despite the famous Blink 182 line, I managed to make it through my birthday and still feel well-liked.  But I suppose there are still 363 days left to my 23rd year.

My birthday was pretty low-key.  My plan was to get started on the whole resolutions thing ASAP but the "it's my birthday and I am going to do what ever I want" mindset won out so instead of waking up at 6am to run 2 miles, I slept until 7:40. Then.....I went to work. Womp, womp.  But my mom sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and I got a million text messages and facebook posts and what not.  Cheesy (and most, probably fake) but exciting all the same.


When 5:30 FINALLY rolled around, a couple of friends from work and I went check out Redline, a bar in Chinatown.  I invited a few other friends (the booths can only hold 8 so I limited my guest list) and we all met for drinks and appetizers, pizza, and dessert.  This was really the first year I had an obligation the day after my birthday so I held firm to my lets-not-get-super-drunk-and-vomit-at-work-the-next-day rule.  My friends did buy me a Happy Birthday Shot, which came out with a lit sparkler attached and tasted remarkably like chocolate cake.  In case you're wondering, the food at Redline is delicious.  We had some chicken skewers, lobster mac and cheese, alligator (yes...alligator), wings, and pizza.  They also have table top taps so we chose a table with Bud Light and Sam Adams Summer Ale.  Be careful though...when you are in charge of dispensing your own beer, the tab begins to rise fairly fast. Jenny and I stumbled home, drunk off of food rather than drink, and passed I passed out around 11.  


All in all, a good day. But in true twenty-something fashion, it being Friday and all, the real celebration begins tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment