Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Onward and upward

It has begun.  I proclaim this.....THE WINTER OF LIZ!!  Any Seinfeld fans out there?  No?  Just my mother?  Ok.....moving on.

Anyway, seeing as it's a day that ends it "Y", I figured I would announce my newest life goals. Basically, the next few months are going be very focused on finding my center and becoming comfortable in my mind, skin, and environment.  I'm instituting a new skincare and beauty regime as well as a workout plan.  I have a few books that I hope to get through and I intend to budget.  Basically, I want to be healthier and more put together while also padding my bank account.  Challenging?  Probably.

The three aspects are mind, body, and environment.

Mind:  I am going to focus on positive, constructive thinking.  The books on my list are The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, Bitches on a Budget by Rosalyn Hoffman, and Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman. I'm not usually a fan of self-help "this is going to change your life" type books but I am willing to give them a chance and if they fail to change me, oh well.  I expect I'll be able to learn something from all of these.

Body:  Exercise, skin care, and clothing.  I beat my body up.  I snack a lot and spend all day in a chair.  Then I go home and spend the night on my couch, pretzel bag by my side.  I rarely wash my face and scarcely wake up in time to actually put on my make up or get my hair in working order.  But not anymore!  A friend and I both purchased 30-day passes to a gym near work and have vowed to go every day for the next month.  I'm hoping this will get me (and my friend) into the habit and we continue our memberships past the 30 days. I'm instituting a new beauty regime that involves washing all the gunk off my face at night, moisturizing, and putting a little somethin'-somethin' on in the mornings.  I'm also going to cook more and buy less, take vitamins, and attempt to wear better outfits.  Accessorize?  I'm sure I knew how to do that once.  It's like riding a bike....right?  Right? 

Environment:  I need to clean my room.  And paint it.  The yellow is driving my up the wall (...see what I did there?).  This one is pretty straight forward.  Organize my space and keep it clean.

Stay tuned for updates on new and improved me!

No comments:

Post a Comment