Monday, February 6, 2012

Insert first year joke here

First year of college was my favorite.

(You all probably refer to your first year of college as "freshman year". But I went to UVA and because Jefferson believed that learning never ended, we say first year, second year, so on and so forth. Moving on)

First year of college was my favorite. I can see that now. I am out of school and looking back and first year was definitely the most jam packed with good memories. Most people say first year is too full of confusion and difficult classes and adjustment to be their favorite but I love it because of that. I remember moving in and exploring everything and it was all so exciting. By the time I graduated, everything felt so routine and so repetitive that I could not wait to get out.

First year was magical. I was making new friends and trying new things. And I loved my suitemates to death. One of my them convinced me to do ballroom dancing with her! During finals week, we set up a makeshift bed in out common room and spent 7 hours watching Veronica Mars DVDs. We were catty and judgemental and gossipy and loving and supportive and curious. We hadn't established ourselves at the school in various activities and sororities so we were our own unit (we actually referred to ourselves as Tri Mu once we did join sororities, to make those who didn't go greek feel included). So many different personalities that melded together.

No comments:

Post a Comment