Friday, February 24, 2012

Wine and Love....late again

So this is late but I am going to do it anyway. I have been fairly unmotivated in all aspects of life lately (including this blog) but it is high time to get back on track!

Wine and love is hosted by Nora. Want to join? Read this page for the meme instructions and grab the picture. The go to Walking With Nora to link up!



Wine, Wine, Wine

- I have gained 10 pounds. J and I did an official first weigh in almost two weeks ago and that is what I discovered. Immediately after that discovery (and a good dose of self loathing), we set a series of fitness goals and rewards over the next three months with weekly weigh ins and bi-monthly prizes if we reach our goals.
- Work has been a little slow going but busy at the same time. I'm having trouble staying focused and the fact that I am not in a field I am interested in has really been bothering me lately. It feels like I'm not really working toward anything or using my intelligence.
- I want to eat ALL THE TIME. I get home and I just want to snack on everything in the house. Need to get that under control ASAP.
- My culinary creations this week have not been very exceptional. One of my pizza's came out soggy and a farro salad was overpowered by balsamic.
- Money is tight as always.
- One of my friends at work will be leaving next week.
- I have been trying to figure out how to meet new people and I am fairly stumped. I don't want to meet people in a bar but I don't really have other activities I participate in. J is having a similar issue but she has club soccer and other sport activities that she does.

Love, Love, Love
- J and I set goals and so far it looks like we are going to make our first one coming up this Sunday (which means we get mani/pedis.
- My mom took me shopping this weekend and I got a few new tops and a couple new bottoms for work. I finally am not wearing the same pants everyday and I have come into work feeling cute everyday this week.
- I went to work at Lawrence's last Saturday to help out while Tim was out of town and it was a blast. Such a fun atmosphere there. And I left with a little extra spending money in my pocket.
- I made it through this week without buying lunch or dinner and I only bought breakfast once.
- J and I went for a run outside last night and made it just under 5 miles. I almost passed out while doing some light weight lifting after but I am still proud!
- A new receptionist was hired so I will be moving to a real legal assistant's desk next week.
- The weather has been super nice this week. Like, in the 60s and today it is supposed to get up to 73.

No comments:

Post a Comment