Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tea & Cookies Cooking Challenge

In an effort to branch out with my cooking and to up my blogging, I've decided to participate in the Tea & Cookies Cooking Challenge. Each month, there will be a new "challenge" based on the suggestions made by myself and the other participants. I'm so excited to find out what we'll be doing!

The suggestions I see so far are all good ones. Croissants, souffles, cheese. I suggested a bread recipe that adds a little something extra. Since I started cooking, I have only made bread a handful of times. I have never made one with a filling or mix in and I am anxious to try it. Should they pick it for one of the monthly challenges, this is will give me that extra incentive and some assistance as well. I am mostly looking forward to the things people suggest that I haven't even thought of.

I'm going to try to write more about my cooking in general because it's something that I really love. I've started to experiment more also. Recipes are becoming guidelines rather than strict instructions and it is getting easier for me to improvise my own combinations of flavors, tweaking something I've done or coming up with something new on the spot.

Now, keep in mind I am working full time, attempting to pull together a social life and stick to a regular exercise routine. So on nights like this, after a looooong day at work then an unusually difficult 1.5 mile run, I am not cooking. Tonight, I popped a frozen twice baked potato in the over for 45 minutes then followed it by an extra chocolate turtle my roommate was kind enough to share.

Stay tuned for more food!

No comments:

Post a Comment