Friday, January 13, 2012

Wine and Love


Wine and Love is something a friend of mine does weekly on her blog. I thought I would give it a try because I need to wine about some stuff (and I might as well throw in some love for good measure). This is supposed to happen on Thurdays but I am a bit late to do most things. I will get on track next weekend....maybe.

Wine and love is hosted by Nora. Want to join? Read this page for the meme instructions and grab the picture. The go to Walking With Nora to link up!



Wine, Wine, Wine:

- This is the first full work week I have had in a month. It has been a long one.
- Reading depositions of meat plant workers. Their job conditions sound so miserable. After reading 4 depositions I am considering swearing off meat. My more attainable solution is to buy meat from an organic butcher.
- Reading depositions by individuals that do not speak English well. I do not mean to be insensitive to the fact that some people do not speak English as their first language. However, I need to express how frustrating it is to read a page over and over again just to figure out what information they are trying to convey so that I can record it, then, on the following page, they realize they did not understand the question and answer in a completely different way.
- Lack of motivation. I gave myself a small vacation from exercising and restricting my diet over the holidays and I can't quite get back into the same groove I has achieved before. I get bored halfway through my runs and it feels much easier to crash on the couch as soon as I get home. And really, I'm not really fat....so why bother?
- Boy drama. The ex has a new flame and most of my latest flirtations have fizzled. 'Nough said.
- Crying in public. Do I really need to elaborate on that one?
- The increasingly foul odor on the metro.

Warm and Fuzzy love:

- Dinners with friends. Last night I had dinner with some friends I have known for a while but have yet to spend really "friendy" time with (it was a best friend's sister and her recent fiance). The food was delicious, the company was grand, and the decor in their apartment roused some envy.
- Nice weather. Even though the weather has been bipolar lately, the sunshine is lovely. I don't mind the cold if the sun comes through.
- Endorphins. Despite my lack of motivation, I managed a 3 mile run the other day and at the end of if, I remembered why I had been running so regularly. Nothing beats the mood lift from exercise. If only I can push through....
-Cooking. Some days it is hard to pass up the quick pasta with a jar of sauce. But when I am not too tired to put in the effort and I actually begin the process of making myself (and most often, a friend or two) a real meal, I remember why I love it. Bringing together flavors is so exciting. Knowing that your effort is going to taste better than that package of ramen and be better for you is worth the process. So are the compliments that those you feed inevitably give.
- My roommates. Coming home to these girls helps me feel better even after a week like the one I just had. Tonight we are spending some quality time with our couch and TV, each curled up with our respective favorite blankets, watching Breaking Bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment